Notes on opening the new space
(things said after the boring meeting) these are some notes from a meeting among Stf, Themba, Michiel, Ed & Joep (joined later) of things needed to get the space started. Please feel free to contribute
- Stf will get some club mate before the opening party.
- Stf will write an email about the name of the space and explain the voting mechanism.
- Themba will make a wishlist and publish it for others to add.
- Ed will start a party-committee.
1. Club Mate:
AP[Stf] will get some club mate before the opening party.
2. Name of the space:
It needs to be decided quickly or “Hackerspace Nijmegen” will stick forever Decision: We implement a fast version of the previous plan: one week for more suggestions, one week for voting Stf will write an email about the name of the space and explain the voting mechanism.
3. Decorating and furnishing the space:
We’ll need lots of things Themba will make a wishlist and publish it for others to add.
4. Opening party and/or open day:
AP[ed] will start a party-committee Some ideas of things to have:
- lightning talks (introduce yourself, your last project and your next project?)
- food and drinks
- invited speakers
- more things that will bring in money
Some ideas that are more appropriate for an open day:
- Stuff for children
- art installations
- more things to attract donations
On Sunday April 22nd there will be an open day in the complex. We should definitely have an open day then (albeit delayed from the other dutch hackerspaces). Saturday April 21st is then by far the most logical options for the opening party.
Note: there are therefore two days of festivities at the space!!! First the opening party on saturday, the goal of which is to celebrate, get to know more hackers (invites should go to other dutch hackerspaces). Then, on sunday, an open day, intended for the general public. Both events are, of course, excellent opportunities to attract more participants and/or one-time donations.
|Saturday April 21||TBD|
|Sunday April 22||Open day|